25 August 2011

Farewell Uncle Sam

It's my last night in the United States for a year!  I've eaten all my favorite foods and packed my suitcases so I guess that's it.  This past week has been really surreal.  I'm as prepared as I can be and yet I feel like I am not ready at all.  It's been an odd mix of suddenly feeling nostalgic about things I didn't ever realize I cared about while also being hit all of the sudden with the fact that I AM LITERALLY MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.  I feel pretty scared to get on the plane, but I'm not going to lie, I also feel pretty cool.  Part of me never really thought this day would come. I actually had a crisis the other day when I convinced myself that I was trapped in an Achilles and the tortoise type paradox wherein my trip to England was the tortoise and I was Achilles and it would constantly escape me in an infinite race - well, when you start starring in your own daydreams as a Greek hero it is really time to move out of your parents house.

So I'm going to bed tonight feeling fabulous and terrified and strong.  And to quote British Airways -
                     Anna S Goold, you're ready to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment