09 September 2011

The Morning Verse

While the jobs around the house - domestic life, if you will - take up much of my life, I am also working with the first year students in the classroom during the day.  Each morning, we recite a poem together, written by Rudolf Steiner, that is worth sharing:

To wonder at beauty,
Stand guard over truth,
Look up at the noble,
Resolve on the good.
This leadeth man truly
To purpose in living,
To right in his doing,
To peace in his feeling,
To light in his thinking.
And teaches him trust,
In the working of God,
In all that there is,
In the width of the world,
In the depth of the soul.

Sometimes the days feel too long, and the students are difficult, and you feel so very far from home.  But there is comfort even still!  This morning verse has helped to center my life and keep me focused not only on what I am doing here at Camphill, but what we should all strive to do always and everywhere.  

I will write more about what I am actually doing in my classes soon, I promise!  It is really good stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment